Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wondering where I've been?

Yeah, you know what really takes alot of my computer time? Stupid Facebook! Not only are there friends to talk to and check in on, but there are other things like games and web pets and such. I have been on this thing for a while now and every time I get finished with Facebook, I don't do anything else on the computer. Obviously, since I have been away for a while. So I apologize for being away so long. I will be better about posting on here. I'm sure you have been wanting an update on us here.

Well, we did go to Hershey and had a great time. Yes, the smell of chocolate is in the air. Yes, there are chocolate kisses for street lights. And yes, we ate alot of chocolate. Really really good chocolate. The funny thing is, when you eat chocolate in Hershey it ACTUALLY tastes better than the bars you buy at home. I believe it has to do with it being fresh. We went out and bought a Hershey bar at the store down the road from us and did a taste test. The store stuff tasted just like the wrapper it came in. And the stuff we brought home from Hershey was OUT OF THIS WORLD! It really wasn't just a placebo thing being there and all. There is a real difference. So a word to the wise....If you plan on going to Hershey, bring alot of chocolate home from there to nibble on for a while. Well worth it!

I will be posting some pictures up here soon from our trip. I haven't gotten them all on the computer yet and am trying to get a slideshow going but having a bit of trouble figuring it out. So until then, you can imagine it in your heads. :)

We stayed at the Hershey Lodge for a couple of nights. We got a package deal that got us park tickets, some tickets to the museum and the gardens. The first day, we went to the museum where we learned all about Milton Hershey and his ideas getting together. --And cool side note...Milton Hershey's birthday is also mine! I knew I liked this stuff so much for a reason!-- Then the Hershey Gardens and it was really pretty. So many roses! They also had a Children's Garden with a butterfly house. The weather was a bit on the coolish side so they weren't fluttering around. Just clinging to the walls and waiting for it to warm up. It didn't warm up too much while we were there. But is was still in the low 70's, high 60's. Not too bad. At least it wasn't like Disneyworld in August. That was a bit warmish. whew!

The next day we went to Hersheypark. We rode alot of the little rides because LB felt safer with those. He really liked the rollercoasters in the past, but this year, he has decided to put those on hold for a while. We did manage to get one rollercoaster ride in. A mild, hilly, wooden coaster that must have been one of the firsts. It was really fun. And even though I had a little pout-fest of my own because no one wanted to tackle the BIG coasters with me, we all still had a good time. We got some entertainment in, had our $40 burger lunch ( you know how those parks are!), and got to see all the walking and dancing chocolate treats! And yes, we did get to ride the ferris wheel. Gotta do that!

Next to the park, is Chocolate World. This is the place to go through the tour, see a cool 3-D movie, and buy all the cocoa paraphernalia you can find. --Remember to stock up on goodies for home here.--

We did get quite a few freebies while we were in Hershey. For the three days we were at the hotel, we each got a full-sized bar for each day. Also we got free samples at Chocolate World for taking the tour and seeing the movie. It was awesome!

We all had a great time! Hope to have some pics up here soon. Oh, and I recommend this vaca to anyone out there. After all, chocolate IS good for the soul.

:)

5 comments:

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Even BB wouldn't ride the big coasters with you? (Tell him I called him a wimp!) You made me want to go back!

And I know this has nothing to do with this post--but cool link at the top of your page! :)

Melanie Welanie said...

Glad you like the linky!

I couldn't believe that BB didn't want to go either!

Want to go to Hershey sometime for one of our excursions? We still could go back to Lancaster after we're done. hmmmmmm?

Think on it.
:)

sharp as a marble said...

I have it, You can set up a Pepsi Challenge. Some Hersheys from here, and some from there. I will be impartial and will eat enough to make a educated decision on this important matter.

Do the words PEPSI CHALLENGE, date me. LOL.

Melanie Welanie said...

Hahaha! Yea, that might've dated you just a bit.

:)

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

Wow, I haven't heard Pepsi Challenge in YEARS!!! :)

I'm up for about any trip! Hershey's would be good, except that I won't go on the big roller coasters with you either.