Friday, April 24, 2009

Snack time

The other day I bought some frozen deep-fried mushrooms, because it only makes sense to deep-fry your veggies. And I decided to fry some up for a snack. While waiting for the grease to heat up, I was looking at the bag they came in:


And then I noticed the bottom of the bag has the description of the contents:

Battered!? Why those poor little mushrooms. They didn't do anything to harm anyone. Why on earth would someone be so cruel as to beat up some veggies and package them for all the world to see?

After I fried some up, took them out of the grease and put them into a bowl, I saw one mushroom looking up at me.


Maybe this one was happy that I saved it from being battered any more. Of course, stomach acid can't be much better.

They were good anyway.
:)

3 comments:

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

Did you eat the happy little mushroom? Maybe he hid while the others were being battered.

Melanie Welanie said...

I ate them all. Happy or not. And they were delicious.

Anonymous said...

AUNTIE S SAYS....You know that there are some sick people (maybe even mushrooms) who like to be battered. Thank you for getting rid of that sick, sick mushroom.